Scope of Application
1. Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements to be entered between this Hotel and the Guest shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
2. In the case when the Hotels has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such a special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
Application for Accommodation Contracts
1. A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel
of the following particulars.
(1) Name of the Guest(s);
(2) Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
(3) Accommodation Charges (based, in principle, on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in the Attached Table
(4) 1. Offers name and telephone number; and
2. Payer’s name, telephone number and address.
(5)Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
In the case when the Guest requests, during his stay, an extension of the accommodation beyond the date in subparagraph (2) of the preceding Paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such a request is made.
Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.
1. A contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same not apply where it has been proved that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
2. When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit ﬁxed by the Hotel within the limits of Basic Accommodation Charges covering the guest’s entire period of stay (3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days) by the date speciﬁed by the Hotel.
3. The deposit shall be ﬁrst used for the Total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 6 and third for the reparations under Article 18 as applicable, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the Accommodation Charges as stated in Article 12.
4. When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in Paragraph 2, the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, the same shall apply only in the case where the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel when the period of payment of the deposit is speciﬁed.
Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit
1. Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
2. In the case when the Hotel has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or has not speciﬁed the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be treated as that the Hotel has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
Refusal of Accommodation Contracts
The Hotel may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases:
(1) When the application for accommodation does not conform to provisions of these and Conditions;
(2) When the Hotel is fully booked and no room is available.
(3) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself in a manner that will contravene
the laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his accommodation;
(4) When the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease;
(5) When the Hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to his accommodation;
(6) The accommodators who are supposed to stay in the hotel put forward unreasonable complaints and
demands, he/she is deemed to be in danger of disturbing the stable order of the hotel.
(7) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, dysfunctions of the facilities
and/or other unavoidable causes; or
(8) When a person requesting Hotel accommodations, is obviously intoxicated and could cause annoyance to
other guests or when a person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests (The
Kyoto Prefecture Ordinance).
(9) The person who intends to stay is recognized as a member of or related to known organized crime ﬁgures.
(10) When a person who intends to stay is clearly deemed to have no payment capacity.
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest
1. The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by so notifying the Hotel.
2. In the case when the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable (except in the case when the Hotel has requested the payment of the deposit during the speciﬁed period as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has cancelled before the payment), the Guest shall pay cancellation charge as listed in the Attached Table No.2. However, in the case when a special contract as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 4 has been concluded, the same shall apply only when the Guest is informed of the obligation of the payment of the cancellation charges in case of cancellation by the Guest.
3. In the case when the Guest does not appear by 8:00p.m. of the accommodation date (2 hours after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel is notiﬁed of it) without an advance notice, the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Hotel
1. The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases:
(1) When the Guest is deemed liable to conduct and/or have conducted himself in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against the public order and good morals in regard to his accommodation;
(2) When the Guest can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease;
(3) When the Hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to his accommodation;
(4) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and/or other causes of force majeure;
(5) When a person requesting Hotel accommodation is obviously intoxicated and could cause annoyance to other guests or when a person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests (The Osaka Prefecture Ordinance).
(6) When the Guest does not observe prohibited actions such as smoking in bed, mischief to the ﬁreﬁghting facilities and other prohibitions of the Use Regulations stipulated by the Hotel (restricted to particulars deemed necessary in order to avoid the causing of ﬁres).
(7) A staying guest is recognized as a member of or related to known organized crime ﬁgures.
(8) When guests are deemed to be disturbing the peaceful order in the hotel, for example, complaining complaints
and requests without reasonable reason in the hotel.
(9) When a person who intends to stay is clearly deemed to have no payment capacity.
(10) When guests are deemed to be disturbing the peaceful order in the hotel, for example, complaining complaints and requests without reasonable.
2. In the case when the Hotel has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall not be entitled to charge the Guest for any of the services in the future during the contractual period which he has not received.
1. The Guest shall register the following particulars at the front desk of the Hotel on the day of accommodation; (1) Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest(s);
(2) Except Japanese, nationality, passport number, port and date of entry in Japan;
(3) Date and estimated time of departure; and
(4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
2. In the case when the Guest intends to pay his Accommodation Charges prescribed in Article12 by any means other than Japanese currency, such as coupons or credit cards, these credentials shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms
1. The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from 2:00 p.m. until 11:00 a.m. the next day. However, in the case when the Guest is accommodated continuously, the Guest may occupy it all day long, except for the days of arrival and departure.
2. The Hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding Paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the room beyond the time prescribed in the same Paragraph. In this case, extra charges shall be paid as follows;
(1) Up to 3 p.m. : one fourth of the room charge
(2) Up to 6 p.m. : one half of the room charge
(3) More than 6 p.m.: room charge in full
Observance of Use Regulations
The Guest shall observe the Use Regulation established by the Hotel, which are posted within the premises of the Hotel.
1. The Hotel’s facilities are notiﬁed in detail by brochures as provided, notices displayed in each place, service directions in guest rooms and others.
2. The business hours speciﬁed in the preceding Paragraph are subject to temporary changes due to unavoidable causes of the Hotel. In such a case, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means.
Payment of Accommodation Charges
1. Article 12. The Breakdown of the Accommodation Charges, etc. that the Guest shall pay is as listed in the Attached Table No.1.
2. Accommodation Charges, etc. as stated in the preceding Paragraph shall be paid with Japanese currency or by any means other Japanese currency such as coupons or credit cards recognized by the Hotel at the front desk at the time of the departure of the Guest or upon request by the Hotel.
3. Accommodation Charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities provided for him by the Hotel and are at his disposal.
Liabilities of the Hotel
1. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage if the Hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulﬁllment or the nonfulﬁllment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in case where such damage has been caused due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable.
2. The Hotel has received the “PASS MARK” (Certiﬁcate of excellence of ﬁre Prevention Standard issue by the ﬁre station); furthermore, the Hotel is covered by the Hotel Liability Insurance in order to deal with unexpected ﬁre and/or other disasters.
Handling when unable to Provide Contracted Rooms
1. The Hotel shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
2. When arrangement of other accommodation cannot be made notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations. However, when the Hotel cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which the hotel is not liable, the Hotel shall not compensate the Guest.
Handling of Deposited Articles
1. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to the goods, cash or valuables deposited at the front desk by the Guest, except in the case when this has occurred due to causes of force majeure. However, for cash and valuables, when the Hotel has requested the Guest to report its kind and value but the Guest has failed to do so, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest within the limits of 150,000yen.
2. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused, through intention or negligence on the part of the Hotel, to the goods, cash or valuables which are brought into the premises of the Hotel by the Guest but are not deposited at the front desk. However, for articles of which the kind and value has not been reported in advance by the Guest, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest within the limits of 150,000yen, except in case where loss or damage was caused intentionally or by gross negligence on the part of the hotel.
Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of the Guest
1. When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Hotel before his arrival, the Hotel shall be liable to keep it, only in the case when such a request has been accepted by the Hotel. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the front desk at the time of his check-in.
2. When the baggage or belongings of the Guest is found left after his check-out, and the ownership of the article is conﬁrmed, the Hotel shall inform the owner of the article left and ask for future instructions. When no instruction is given to the Hotel by the owner or when the ownership is not conﬁrmed, the Hotel shall handle it by the Lost and Found Law.
3. The Hotel’s liability in regard to the custody of the guest’s baggage and belongings in the case of the preceding two Paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1 of the Preceding Article in
The case of Paragraph 1, and with the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the same Article in the case of Paragraph 2.
Liability in regard to Parking
The Hotel shall not be liable for the custody of a vehicle of the Guest when the Guest utilizes the parking lot within the premises of the Hotel, as it shall be regarded that the Hotel simply oﬀers the space for parking, whether the key of the vehicle has been deposited to the Hotel or not. However, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Hotel in regard to the management of the parking lot.
Liability of the Guest
Article 18. The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for the damage caused though intention on negligence on the part of the Guest.
Waiver for Computer Communication Services
Article 19. Please be aware that Guests are liable for any use of computer communication services from within the Hotel. The Hotel cannot be held liable for any possible damage that may be caused by a systems failure or any other reasons while the computer communication services are being used. In addition, the Guests may be required to compensate the Hotel and third parties for any possible damage caused by acts that we judge to be an inappropriate use of our computer communication systems.
Article 20. These terms are provided in both Japanese and English. In case of a discrepancy between the Japanese and English, the Japanese version will take precedence.
Revision of General Terms and Conditions for Hotel Accommodation
Article 21. The Hotel reserves the right to revise the terms and conditions set forth herein at its discretion, if deemed necessary. If the terms and conditions are revised, the Hotel shall release the revised contents of the terms and conditions and the revision date on the website at least one month prior to the date of the revision.
Attached Table No.1
Calculation method for Accommodation Charges, etc.
(Ref. Paragraph 1 of Article 2, Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and Paragraph 1 of Article 12)
Remarks of Attached Table No.1
Those charges are subject to charge to revisions of the Tax Laws concerned.
Attached Table 2
Cancellation Charge for Hotel (Ref. Paragraph 2 of Article 6)
1. The percentage signiﬁes the rate of cancellation charge to the Basic Accommodation Charges.
2. When the number of days contracted is shortened, cancellation charge for its ﬁrst day shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
3. When part of a group booking (for 15 persons or more) is cancelled, the cancellation charge shall not be charged for the number of persons equivalent to 10% of the number of persons booked as of 10 days prior to the occupancy (when accepted less than 10 days prior to the occupancy, as of the date) with fractions counted as a whole number.
To ensure the public nature and safety of this hotel, the guests using this hotel will act in accordance with and otherwise comply with the provisions of the rules based on Article 10 of the separately determined Accommodation Contract. We reserve the right to refuse use of this hotel to guests who do not comply with the prohibited matters in these rules.
Compliance with Prohibited Matters
1. Using the guestroom for a purpose other than accommodation unless authorized by this hotel.
2. Using ﬁre in the hallways or inside the guestroom for cooking, heating, or other similar purposes.
3. Smoking in a place where a ﬁre could easily start or in any manner that could cause a ﬁre, including smoking near
4. Smoking in a place designated as a non-smoking area by the hotel.
5. When the guest falls under any of items from (3) to (11) of Article 5 of the Accommodation Contract separately determined by this hotel.
6. Bringing any of the following items into the building:
(1) Animals including dogs (except service dogs such as Seeing Eye dogs), cats, birds, insects, and livestock (2) Anything that gives oﬀ a bad smell
(3) A signiﬁcantly large quantity of goods
(4) Highly explosive or hazardous matter such as explosives and volatile oils (5) Firearms and knives whose possession is not permitted by law
7. Acts involving gambling or detriment to public morals in the building or in the guestroom.
8. Inviting a visitor inside the guestroom who uses the various facilities and items in the room. Or allowing a visitor to enter the guestroom or the guestroom ﬂoor.
9. Using the guestroom or the lobby as a substitute for an oﬃce.
10. Appropriating the various facilities and items in the building and in the guestroom for other than its intended use.
11. Engaging in a process that could modify the current condition, such as aﬃxing foreign substances to the hotel’s architecture or various facilities.
12. Hang any item in the window that damages the hotel’s exterior.
13. Distributing or posting, or attempting to distribute or post, advertisements and the like to other hotel guests.
14. Leaving your personal belongings in the hallways or the lobby.
15. Consuming food or drinks in a public space, or ordering food or drinks out of the hotel and delivered to the guestroom.
1. When you are staying longer than 7 days, we request that you settle your bill for the 7 days prior to the stay. We may also request to settle the bill even if your stay is shorter than 7 days and when the bill exceeds JPY100, 000.
2. Please contact the front desk if you want to change your reservation.
3. If you would like to extend your stay, please settle your bill for the extended stay at the time of your reservation.
4. Unless you specify otherwise, we will keep your laundry, items in the cloakroom, and forgotten items in accordance with laws and regulations and customs.
5. Please leave cash and valuables with the front desk for safekeeping. The hotel will not be liable for any lost items except those entrusted to its care.
6. We will require a deposit for those without reservations, those with prior day or same day reservations, and when the contact information is a cell phone.